SOB October 20 GM Minutes
This month, a virtual meeting took place and a total of 8 members were in attendance via the Zoom format. We marveled at the medicinal drug, er beer cabinet, that Chuck was in front of. Here’s what we discussed (while drinking our beverage of choice):
- From here on out, we will hold meetings virtually until it’s considered safe to hold them live.
- Unfortunately, the Christmas party is put on hold until its safe to do so. We’ll schedule it as soon as we can. The board will discuss a re-scheduling of the wine, cider, mead competition as well.
- We are holding dues to the $10 mark until the end of the year. That’s a deal! Please send to Treasurer Kurt Weina.
- Dick Waltenberry’s winning entry in our recent beer competition, an English Porter, was brewed several weeks ago at Fox River in Oshkosh and will hit the tap line in a few weeks. We’ll send out an email once it’s available.
- We discussed the rise in home brewing during the pandemic and an idea was brought forth to hold a “beer share” among our membership. Quite simply, it would involve signing people up and then bringing the beers to a central location (we discussed Fox River during Dick’s opening day beer release) for distribution. Everyone liked that idea with at least 6 people stating they would like to get in on it. Link to sign-up in this blast below.
- President and Secretary elections in January. Mike is stepping down and Logan may not have time to continue in his position, although he has done a great job and we think he should stay! Please consider these positions as your next opportunity to continue the great fun of the SOB!
- During our open forum, a few items of note: FW’s Buffalo Plaid is back, along with Double Oat 7 and Infinity Crisis, a Chocolate Amber. And, just yesterday, Blueberry Pancake Stout!